October 23-Nov 3, 2025
Location: Athens, Pelopennese, Island of Zakthynos
Cost: 2024 rates $5195, single supplement $745 Read more
Details: The mainland of Greece (Peloponnese region) has a lot to offer: a very rich history and culture, picturesque coastline dotted with fishing towns, olive groves and fascinating landmarks. We will photograph the Acropolis at blue hour in Athens and then head to the countryside in Greece to explore harvest time in rural Greece, lemons, oranges and kalamata olives. We are sure to find a portrait or two of the locals along the way.
This tour is operated through Strabo Photo Tours. Tom and Cree Bol will lead the trip. All payment and tour logistics are done through Jacque at Strabo Tours. Follow the link below to learn more and sign up:
- Photo instruction as needed by photo tour leaders & being in the right place at the right time
- Early morning and blue hour photography walks
- Historic sites of Acropolis, Epidaurus, and Olympia to shipwrecks on white sand beaches with turquoise waters glimmering
- Immerse yourselves with the local orange, lemon, and olive farmers of the Peloponnese
- Travel by ferry to the Island of Zakthynos with iconic seascapes and white cliffs, then walk across a wooden bridge to the picturesque Cameo Island
- Stay in Gytheio, a warmly lit traditional fishing village of the Peloponnese, photograph the fisherman as they bring in their catch of the day
- Mani peninsula, one of the best-preserved regions in Greece
Closest Airport: Arrival and departure in Athens, Greece
Know Before You Go: Rated Moderate: This workshop requires walking from 1-3 miles on streets and trails with a camera.