Location: Moab, Utah
Dates: November 3-7, 2024 Sunday at 7 pm – Thursday morning after morning shoot
Details: This is one of our favorite national parks. Tom has been leading photo workshops and doing assignments in Moab for the last 20 years. Photograph striking red rock formations on blue skies. Explore myriad arches against an iconic western landscape. On this workshop we will photograph the best features in Arches and Canyonlands National Parks including Delicate Arch, Mesa Arch, Balanced Rock, Landscape Arch, the Windows and Fisher Towers in Castleton Valley.
In addition to landscapes, we plan to photograph the night sky in front of Moab’s dramatic rock formations. We have timed this workshop to coincide with a newer moon so that we will have great skies for night photography. If we get cloudy skies we will use ND filters to create slow motion cloudscapes over touring red rock walls.
On this course you will learn about:
- Using filters (what you cannot find in PhotoShop)
- Processing in Lightroom and PhotoShop
- Photographing the milky way
- Long exposure photography (clouds)
We will be photographing mornings and evenings with midday classes and image critiques.
Wed-Sunday hotel: Springhill Suites by Marriott in Moab, Utah. We will set up a group block under the name Tom Bol Photo Workshops.
Closest Airport: Fly into Grand Junction and drive 111 miles to Moab (rental cars available) or fly into Canyonlands Field Airport and drive 15 miles
Recommended camera gear:
- Camera body
- Lenses ranging from super wide angle (even fisheye) to 300mm
- Graduated ND filter
- 10 stop ND filter (optional)
- Laptop for processing and image review
Included in the fee:
- All instruction
- Pre-trip meeting to get ready for the workshop
- Copy of Tom’s ebook Create Better Photographs
Students will provide their own:
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation, airfare, rental car
- All meals
- National Park entrance fee
Know Before You Go: Rated Moderate: This workshop requires walking from 1-3 miles on uneven terrain.
Arches and Canyonlands
November 3-7, 2024
Tom Bol Photo Workshops is a permittee of the National Park Service for this workshop and under a Commercial Use Authorization