Queenstown to Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand
Dates: September 22-October 3, 2022
Cost: $8749 double occupancy, $1195 single supplement, $1800 deposit due upon registration.
Description: Timed to photograph New Zealand in the peak of Spring season, this workshop covers an impressive variety of awe-inspiring South Island landscapes. In September, snow-draped mountain ranges abound and the soft, clear light offers excellent shooting conditions. We will be photographing many of New Zealand’s iconic landscapes, including Aoraki (Mt. Cook) and the Southern Alps, Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound, Wanaka, Fox Glacier and Lake Matheson. During a cruise on Milford Sound we hope to photograph the rare Fiordland Crested Penguin, Dusky Dolphins, albatross, petrels and other marine bird species. Match all of this with comfortable lodging, Kiwi cuisine, a tour in the wine country and we are in for a great photographic adventure.
Our smaller group size of only 8 participants will provide for more photographic support and more comfortable transportation.
Closest Airport: Fly in to Queenstown, NZ; Return flight from Christchurch, NZ
Included in the fee:
- 3 full time tour leaders to assist the group during the trip
- Lodging for 11 nights
- Overland private transportation (12 person Sprinter style)
- Private boat charter in Milford Sound
- Private boat charter in Kaikoura to photograph Dusky dolphins
- Welcome dinner and all breakfasts
- Park entrance fees
Wine tour near Wanaka
Participants will provide their own:
Personal expenses, tips, beverages during meals, other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary description.
- International travel to Queenstown, NZ and return flight from Christchurch, NZ
- Lunch and dinners except for welcome dinner
- Optional helicopter flight over Fox Glacier
- Gratuity for guide and driver
New Zealand Deposit