Location: Lofoton, Norway
Dates: September 12-19, 2021 6 Spaces Available
Cost: $5899 double occupancy, $6499 single occupancy
Join this 8 day arctic adventure in the Lofoten Islands of Northern Norway. The Lofoten Islands are located north of the Arctic Circle. The archipelago consists of seven principal islands with only 24,000 inhabitants. Highlights of the trip include autumn landscapes, jagged mountains, colorful fjords and possibly a chance to photograph the Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights.
The weather in Lofoten is notoriously unpredictable. Weather conditions and the light changes constantly. If we are blessed with starry nights and clear skies, we will be able to capture the elusive and strikingly beautiful Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights as they dance seductively on the night skies.
Tom’s favorite thing about Lofoten is the stunning landscapes, remote fjords and the quality of light at that latitude. He loves the fact that if the aurora appears, it is often reflected in the small bays around the archipelago. We have chosen to stay in a single basecamp for this trip to maximize our photography time in one of Scandinavia’s most scenic destinations.
Closest Airport: Harstad/Narvik Evenes Airport (Eve code)
Included in the fee:
- 2 Full time photo leaders to assist the group during the trip
- Lodging for 7 nights
- Overland private transportation in 2 vans
- Welcome dinner and all breakfasts
Local bilingual guide
- Copy of Tom’s ebook Create Better Photographs
Participants will provide their own:
- Personal expenses, tips, travel insurance, alcoholic beverages during meals, all lunches, dinners beside welcome dinner, gratuity for drivers/guides
- International travel round trip to Harstad, Norway
Deposit for Norway 2021
September 12-19, 2021