Greetings from Tom and Cree!
Like many of you, Tom and I are spending plenty of time at home right now. We are focused on learning new shooting and editing techniques and have heard that many of you are as well. We want to encourage you all to share your results, so we can stay in touch with you. Read on…..
I just purchased a Fotodiox Studio in a box and have been using it inside to photograph macros as Colorado decides whether it is Winter or Spring! I took the photograph of the tulip above on my second day of practicing with the box. Lani Dillon just told me she ordered one too. I cannot wait to see what she creates when it arrives. Here is what the studio looks like in action:
I have also been seeing some great focus stacked florals from Lee Brissy and Dennis Garrood!
Have you tried something new in the last few months?
We encourage everyone of you to take out your cameras and stay creative! We also want to see your results. We have received very positive feedback on our monthly Photo of the Month post. We want to continue this feature even without workshops in the field. That is where you come in! For the April Photo of the Month, we would like to choose an image created by one of our workshop clients who is trying something new.
How do I show my results?
I have created a Facebook Group for those who use Facebook and would like to share/submit their images. Click on the red link here to join the Facebook group. Even if you do not have a photo to share, we encourage you to join and post positive comments on others’ photos. Community support goes a long way with so many of us working in near isolation!
If you are not a Facebook member, please send your photos directly to me at email@example.com
- Post anything that you created that is new to you: new editing, new technique, new concept. Add a few words about what you tried. We will choose one of these to be featured as the April Photo of the Month for Tom Bol Photo Workshops.
- Please post images that are 72 dpi.
- We will select our Photo of the Month on April 30.
- Anyone who has been on one of our workshops or is signed up to attend one can submit
- Add as many photos as you would like!
- If you have behind the scenes photos, please add those too (see sample)
Thanks for participating!
Here are some previous Photo of the Month posts if you missed them:
Cree & Tom