5 Spaces Available
Location: White, Georgia
Dates: March 30-April 2, 2023 Thursday at 6 pm – Sunday morning after image review
Details: Old Car City is the world’s largest classic car junkyard. This location is the perfect place to photograph classic American cars that have been aged with roots, rust and time. Tom and Cree will teach you everything you need to know to photograph cars with speedlights and colorful gels. On the second day of the workshop we will have models on site and will work on portrait photography with flash in the old cars. These creative techniques will bring the old cars back to life as you improve your photography lighting skills.
What you will learn on this workshop:
- Developing your creativity; self assignments to explore your vision
- HDR techniques
- How to use flash to improve your images
- Using light modifiers and gels
- How to use multiple exposure settings with flash
- Working with models; the do’s and don’ts of posing
- How to create an evocative portrait
We will be photographing during the day with a midday lunch break.
Hotel: Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Cartersville. Ask for the Tom Bol Photo Workshop group or use this link to book online in our group block: Book your group rate for Tom Bol Photography Workshop 2
Closest Airport: Hatfield-Jackson in Atlanta. Approx. drive time: one hour
Recommended camera gear:
- Camera body
- Lenses ranging from wide angle to telephoto (24mm or wider)
- Speedlight/flash (if you have one)
We will have enough speed lights with a remote trigger for everyone on the workshop. If you own one, feel free to bring it.
Included in the fee:
- All instruction
- Entrance fees to Old Car City ($30 per person, per day)
- Copy of Tom’s ebook Create Better Photographs
- Model fees
- Free gel sample pack from Rogue Gear
Students will provide their own:
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation, airfare, rental car
- All meals
Know Before You Go: Rated Easy: This workshop requires minimal walking on flat surfaces.
Deposit for Old Car City
March 30-April 2 2023