Location: Botswana and Zimbabwe
Dates: November 11-22, 2022 3 Spaces Available
Cost: $11,550 double occupancy, $850 single supplement
Description: This safari has been custom designed for our group of 12 by the Wild Source
We start in Hwange National Park, the most prolific wildlife viewing area in Zimbabwe. This is a very dry park making for exceptional photographic opportunities as wildlife congregates at waterholes. This creates a unique opportunity to photograph from a ‘Look Up’ hide which is a container sunk next to a very productive waterhole allowing for true ground level photography. As we transition from Hwange to Botswana we have the chance to visit one of Africa’s scenic icons – Victoria Falls. At this time of year the water over the Falls is at a low volume which allows great views of the stunning gorge that has been carved by the mighty Zambezi River.
Next we move on to Botswana’s famed Chobe National Park riverfront. The big draw here is incredible boat trips on the Chobe River with its famed concentrations of elephant, hippo and a variety of other animals. Our boat is specially designed for photographers with swivel chairs allowing us to achieve the highest quality river based photography.
Our last destination is the legendary Okavango Delta, widely considered Africa’s best wilderness safari experience. Here we have a safari camp that is ideally located in an area that provides dry land for top notch game drives but also has sufficient channels to explore the Okavango by boat. Use of a team of guides and trackers maximizes opportunities to locate and follow predators, including rarer species like lion, cheetah and African wild dogs.
Closest Airport: Fly to Johannesburg, South Africa then to Victoria Falls; Return flight from Maun, Botswana to Johannesburg then to US
Included in the fee:
- Internal flights in Zimbabwe and Botswana, starting at Victoria Falls Airport and ending in Maun, Botswana
- Meals and drinks
- Park/Conservation fees
- In Johannesburg accommodation and breakfast
Participants will provide their own:
- International Air to Johannesburg, from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls and from Maun, Botswana to Johannesburg and onward to home
- Tips – we recommend $25 per person per day
- Zimbabwe Entry Visa ($30 per person)
- Travel Insurance is required and must include coverage for evacuation and major medical
- A non-refundable deposit of $3000 pp is due upon registration. It can be paid by check or credit card
- Payment 2 of $2000 pp is due Sept 20, 2021
- Final payment is due Sept 20, 2022
This trip is being organized by the Wild Source and their terms and conditions apply for this trip. For more details on: itinerary, accommodations, internal flights and destinations, terms/conditions please click on this link