Location: Borneo and Java in Indonesia
Dates: Feb 13-23, 2024
Cost: $8599 double occupancy, $995 single supplement, $2000 deposit due upon registration.
Description: Join Tom and Cree on a 10 day adventure to the exotic islands of Java and Borneo. These islands are part of the country of Indonesia – a fascinating archipelago comprising over 17,500 islands. It is a destination with distinctly-unique landscapes, wildlife and culture.
On this adventure we begin in Surabaya, East Java and fly to Borneo to prepare for our jungle expedition in the Tanjung Puting National Park. From our comfortable lodge base we explore the Borneo interior on our exclusive-charter riverboat as we search for orangutan, proboscis, macaques, red leaf monkeys, hornbills and much more. We will also visit feeding stations at the Orangutan Rehabilitation Centers in this area and be led by our expert local guide along well-formed jungle paths to photograph the deep forest and any fauna we encounter.
Returning to East Java we travel to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park region. This will be our base for two nights, allowing us two full days to explore the mesmerizing volcanic plateau. We then travel to the nearby historic city of Malang. Here we photograph traditional market life and the friendly faces of the photogenic Javanese people. If you want to extend your trip, Bali and Singapore are short flights away from our final destination.
Accommodations: We stay at a variety of different hotel styles from eco lodges to 5 star hotels. While looking for orangutans, we will be at the Rimba Eco Lodge. During our stay in Malang we are at the Hotel Tugu Malang. If flying into Surabaya early, we will start our tour at the Four Points by Sheraton Surabaya
Closest Airport: Fly in and out of Juanda International Airport near Surabaya, Indonesia. Most flights from the United States transfer through Singapore. You will likely need to depart on Feb 12 to arrive in Surabaya for the welcome dinner on Feb 13th. When planning your return flight to the US, plan to depart Surabaya in the afternoon on Feb 23 as the drive to the airport will take a few hours in the morning.
Included in the fee:
- Private Airport to Hotel Transfer on Arrival at Juanda International Airport
- All accommodations
- Tanjung Puting National Park entrance and guide fees
- Private riverboat excursions in Tanjung Puting National Park
- Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park entrance fees
- Toyota Landcruiser Hardtop excursions into the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park
- All breakfasts from Day One to Day Twelve, some lunches and dinners
- Surabaya to Borneo return domestic flights
- Domestic airport and location transfers
Participants will provide their own:
- Personal expenses, tips, beverages during meals, other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary description.
- International travel to and from Surabaya
- Some lunches and dinners
- Gratuity for guide and driver
Know Before You Go: Rated Moderate. This trip involves walking up to one mile over uneven terrain or several miles while in town. A wildlife lens is recommended
Deposit for Indonesia Photo Tour
February 13-23, 2024
Final Payment -SIngle Supplement
Feb 13-23, 2024
Final Payment – Double
Feb 13-23, 2024