Location: Lofoton, Norway
Dates: September 11-18, 2022 2 Spaces Available
Cost: $5989 double occupancy, $6599 single occupancy
Join this 8 day arctic adventure in the Lofoten Islands of Northern Norway. The Lofoten Islands are located north of the Arctic Circle. The archipelago consists of seven principal islands with only 24,000 inhabitants. Highlights of the trip include autumn landscapes, jagged mountains, colorful fjords and possibly a chance to photograph the Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights.
The weather in Lofoten is notoriously unpredictable. Weather conditions and the light changes constantly. If we are blessed with starry nights and clear skies, we will be able to capture the elusive and strikingly beautiful Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights as they dance seductively on the night skies.
Tom’s favorite thing about Lofoten is the stunning landscapes, remote fjords and the quality of light at that latitude. He loves the fact that if the aurora appears, it is often reflected in the small bays around the archipelago. We have chosen to stay in a single basecamp for this trip to maximize our photography time in one of Scandinavia’s most scenic destinations.
Closest Airport: Harstad/Narvik Evenes Airport (Eve code)
Flights and Airports: One way to get to the meeting point is via Oslo Gardermoen airport (OSL code). United also offers a new flight from Newark direct to Bergen. From there, you fly to Harstad and arrive at Evenes Airport (EVE). Domestic flights in Norway can be purchased from www.sas.no, www.norwegian.no
We will meet for the first time at 11:00am on September 11. Our local guides will pick our group up at the airport hotel or at the airport depending on when you arrive in Norway. We will spend the night of September 17 at the airport hotel, so flights out on the 18th can be at any time.
Recommended Camera Gear:
- Camera body
- Lenses ranging from wide angle 24mm to 70-200mm
- Telephoto lens (optional): some choices include 100-400mm, 200-500mm, 300mm
- Graduated ND filters
- Polarizing filter
- Laptop for editing and review sessions
Included in the fee:
- 2 Full time photo leaders to assist the group during the trip
- Lodging for 7 nights
- Overland private transportation in 2 vans
- Welcome dinner and all breakfasts
- Local bilingual guide
- Copy of Tom’s ebook Create Better Photographs
Participants will provide their own:
- Personal expenses, tips, travel insurance, alcoholic beverages during meals, all lunches, dinners beside welcome dinner, gratuity for drivers/guides
- International travel round trip to Harstad, Norway
- Alcohol and gratuities
- Meals other than welcome dinner and breakfasts
Know Before You Go: Rated Moderate. This workshop requires walking 1-3 miles per day on uneven and moist terrain.
Deposit for Norway 2022
Dates: Sept 11-18, 2022