Location: Greenland and Iceland
Dates: August 12-21, 2022 Closed for enrollment
Cost: $9295 double occupancy
Greenland is a destination high up on the bucket list of many, and for good reason. The local landscape is unspoiled and spectacular. The weather and climate can be unforgiving, although August is one of the warmest, with average high for the month being low 60’s. All these elements align and make Greenland every photographer’s dream. Ilulissat, the official Greenlandic word for iceberg, is a town located on the west coast, right at the mouth of the Icefjord. Ilulissat is the third largest town in Greenland, with approximately 4500 residents. The Ilulissat Icefjord, Disko Bay, is an UNESCO World Heritage Site and the fjord is filled with giant icebergs from the most productive glacier in the northern hemisphere. The monstrous Sermeq Kujalleq, the world’s fastest glacier, advances 140 feet daily and creates over 11 cubic miles of icebergs annually.
Greenland Disko Bay And Iceland
2021 Costs Listed. Internal Iceland/Greenland Round-Trip Flight Included.
- Small group tour – away from the typical crowded areas – maximum 9 fellow photographers.
- Icebergs, glaciers, and Disko Bay landscape of Western Greenland, six evenings.
- Boat excursions explore and photograph fjords, islands, and melting glaciers calving before you into the sea.
- Photograph and learn about the culture of Ilulissat at the mouth of the Ilulissat Fjord, designated an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2004.
- Less touristy areas of Iceland on the Reykjanes Peninsula.
This workshop is organized and run by Strabo Tours with Tom and Cree Bol as the primary photography instructors. All payment and policies for the trip are managed by Jacque at Strabo Photo Tours. We have been offering successful workshops with Strabo for more than a decade.
To see a detailed itinerary or to sign up Click here