Location: Santiago, Valparaiso & Easter Island, Chile
Click here to see what we will do on this trip to tropical paradise!
January 14 – 22, 2022 1 Space Available
Cost: $6699 double occupancy, $7669 single occupancy, $1000 deposit per person due upon registration.
Description: Easter Island is a remote volcanic island, famed for its mysterious stone statues called moai. The more than 900 statues are found all over this island of rugged coastlines and friendly local people. The statues were created by the island’s earliest inhabitants and there are many different theories about why they were created. Tom’s favorite way to capture the moai is using speed lights with gels to bring out the striking details of the statues against a beautiful sunset. We also plan to use speed lights to photograph the local people in Easter Island and on the Chilean mainland.
As a territory of Chile, there is no better approach to Easter Island than by starting in the Chilean capital of Santiago. We will spend the first day photographing in and above the city of Santiago and then day trip up the Aconcagua Valley to photograph the tallest mountain in South America. We will stop along the way to visit one of Chile’s famous wineries. Next we travel to the seaside town of Valparaiso, famous for its colorful hillsides of houses overlooking the coastline.
Closest Airport: Santiago International Airport in Santiago, Chile
Included in the fee:
- 2 Full time tour leaders to assist the group during the trip
- Lodging for 10 nights
- Overland private bus transportation
- In country round trip flight from Santiago to Easter Island
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary: All breakfasts (B), 5 lunches (L), 10 dinners (D)
- Park entrance fees
Participants will provide their own:
- Personal expenses, tips, beverages during meals, other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary description.
- International travel round trip to Santiago, Chile